Tuesday, March 2, 2010

If You Give a Moose a Muffin

Today our day reminded me of that children's book titled If You Give a Moose a Muffin. We started off study time planning what to do.
  • La (my 8 year old) wants to set up her own blog after seeing mine. We do this together and she gets some experience using blogger, photoshop, and dealing with how frustrating computer can be.
  • Then she is done and wants to make something with clay. She asks for some aluminum foil to use as structure for the thicker pieces.
  • She asks if aluminum is a metal. We do a little research on metals, alloys & minerals
  • She looks at our Great Scientists book.
  • Then she gets out her renaissance costume and plays in that for a while after being inspired by the people in pictures we saw about the Bronze Age.
  • After this she plays outside for a while.
  • Then she comes in and decides it's time to work on her blog. She writes a one sentence post which presents the opportunity for me to guide her in using our Spelling Dictionary, tell her about root words and remind her about plurals.
  • Then we are off to make a practice birthday cake. She wants a cake for her birthday next week that is rainbow colored inside. She reads the directions and follows through. I am their for questions and guidance.
So goes a day in a TJEd Leadership Education home with one Love of Learner. Interests running hot and cold and changing by the minute. Sound familiar?

2 comments:

  1. I love it! I'm always amazed at how many activities inspire other activities that I hadn't planned on and then our day takes a totally different turn than I had planned, but we learn a lot more. I find myself doing this along with my kids - maybe someday I'll get to a more serious scholar phase, but LOL is a lot of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the input Karen. I too hope to someday be a serious scholar, but I am not honestly ready for it yet. BTW ~ I follow your blog and really love it! You inspire me! Thanks for posting on my baby blog!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...