Thursday, June 3, 2010

The Last Few Weeks

My poor neglected blog! It has been so long since I have written! I made a promise to myself to write something at east once a week. It's not that I think anyone is waiting for my posts with baited breath or anything like that. It's just that I want the practice in writing for myself and I want a record of life to look back on.

Here is a summary of the last few weeks.

Our History Club finished up our American History Study with the American Girls. We made a a movie about  Lewis & Clark. Then we had a Showcase Night for the girls to show off all their hard work and preview the movie.



Above is Part 1 of the movie
Below is Part 2



Here are some pictures from Showcase Night

 Our Time Line & other projects
 

The girls enjoying the potluck


In the middle of all this I spent 2 weeks in AZ with my awesome Grandma & the rest of my family there. We went to Biosphere 2, visited with my friend & her new baby boy, and made some great memories.

Grandma & La made dog biscuits together
 

Grandma also taught La how to play Amazing grace on the Ukulele!


Since we have been back from AZ we've been getting ready for a visit from my husband's parents & our niece. They arrive tonight & we are heading off to Yellowstone tomorrow. I have never seen La so excited about the trip. She has been reading all she can about the park and making herself a research guide. Ah, the art of inspiring. It's so wonderful to see your child take off in these inspired interests, but I don't make a big deal about it in front of her. Inside I am screaming "YES! It's working!". If I show too much enthusiasm about what she is doing it usually drowns her spark. I think it's because that kind of enthusiasm on my part borders on manipulation (if I show her I approve, she'll do more). At least I think that's her interpretation.

Bedschool ~ La working on her own Yellowstone Research Guide & Journal
Those are the major events of our lives since my last post. I will be posting about Yellowstone & our visit with Nonna & Poppa soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...