Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Gearing Up & Planning for the New Year

Now is the time of planning! La & I have made our list of goals for the coming school year. Books have been ordered and on their way.  School supplies have been bought. We ordered Sequential Spelling this year. La is so excited about this that we started it already.  She was so proud today when she spelled "beginning" correctly on the first try!

I have worked out a schedule that I think will work well for us. I have attempted to embed it below.
Weekly Schedule

You will see a lot of study ideas & topics. That is my study schedule, not La's. They are the things I want to learn about this year. La has her own goals. She will be working on these after our Momschool time until lunch and then in the afternoons.  Each week she will be making some goals based on her yearly goals. Here are her yearly goals for this school year.
  • Win 1 ski race on Park City's Farm Team
  • Do 2 math lessons a week & memorize all +, - & x facts
  • Read at least 10 books over 200 pages each
  • Do one science experiment a week- Chemistry & Physics
  • Prepare one Firelfy Corps Presentation per month (history, geography or culture) and study more about the countries at home as wished
  • Journal writing everyday
  • Sequential Spelling every school day
  • Continue to study Architecture History with Dad
  • Do yoga daily
I was pretty impressed with this list for a 9 year old. These are all her own goals. She will be busy!
I feel really good about this year. I am hoping I will meet some major goals myself!

Right now I am reading "Thomas Jefferson Education for Teens". I am really enjoying it. I realize that my own stage of education somewhere between LOL & Scholar ~ moving back & forth between the two. I want to add all the 13 year old books that I haven't read yet to my reading list this year. 

It's gonna be a BIG, FUN year!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...