Friday, October 1, 2010

Weekly Wrap Up 10.1.10

What we are reading ~
Me ~ Weapons of Mass Instruction
La ~ Percy Jackson Series- The Lightening Thief & Brewster's Courage
Chris ~ The Creature from Jekyll Island
Morning Read Aloud ~ Finished Voyage of the Dawn Treader & Started The Horse  & His Boy
Evening Read Aloud ~ Chris started reading Gulliver's Travels to us.

Around the House ~ This week I made bread for the first time! it came out really good. I might make my grandmother's sticky buns next week.

I also started & am still trying to finish some onsie dresses for a birthday gift. Our pastor's granddaughter is having her first birthday party on Sunday. I will post pictures of these when I get them done.
Out & About Learning ~ Firefly Corps Meeting was Monday. We learned a lot about Greek Gods & made a Greek time line. It was fun. friday was our our Greek fieldtrip to the Olympic Cauldron Park & lunch at Yanni's Greek Express. Yum!



Study Time ~
A few less lessons this week & more organic learning. I let 2 days slip by without official study time. Mind you a lot of other learning was done, but do want to get back to 5 days a week of scheduled study time. The day just goes much smoother when we do this.
  • Latin 2 days
  • Sequential Spelling 2 days
  • Math lesson and practice. I was pleasantly surprised that La understand place value of to one trillion. She is always surprising me with what she knows.
  • La on her own
    • geoboards, hook & latch, lots of reading, practiced her tin whistle
  • In Momschool I  covered the following
    • Peloponnesian Wars 
    • Odysseus & the Cyclops
    • Looked up the species of some trees on our hike
Afternoons ~ We either continued studies or La played outside. She has been collecting and chopping acorns. I love to see her spend a few hours outside everyday. Chores & errands also ate up a few afternoons this week.

See you next Friday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...